Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo

Yellow sticker after 2 n half years (having to do Emission test) help!

So on new years eve i got a yellow just for my rear tyres being to wide. Well now its opened up a huge can of worms. I usually just go straight over the pits remove all my illegal goods, Carbon fibres, rims, height etc etc and get passed well now they wanted me to file a Modification list reg to the department of vehicle and registration. So i did that and i listed everything, engine change, all my suspension mods, all my engine mods and out of like 60-70 things everything passed except external wast gates aren't allowed, boost controller cant be connected and engine has to pass LS3 emissions tests and everything needs to be certified by a engineer.

Out of 15 yellow stickers ive never had to do this and apparently its some new law they bringing from melb to perth.

So i thought you guys would know what to do in this case...anyone has this happen and know where to find an engineer etc? and is this a big deal? Should i be worried? will my car pass the test with the turbo? do i need a detune?

any help would be much appreciated...

Btw i put this in forced induction cos my car is and thats the reason why im having to do the emissions test.
    Fastfwd Photoshoot cover pic Click here!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED/EG5/EP3/JAZZ
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFwd View Post
    So on new years eve i got a yellow just for my rear tyres being to wide. Well now its opened up a huge can of worms. I usually just go straight over the pits remove all my illegal goods, Carbon fibres, rims, height etc etc and get passed well now they wanted me to file a Modification list reg to the department of vehicle and registration. So i did that and i listed everything, engine change, all my suspension mods, all my engine mods and out of like 60-70 things everything passed except external wast gates aren't allowed, boost controller cant be connected and engine has to pass LS3 emissions tests and everything needs to be certified by a engineer.

Out of 15 yellow stickers ive never had to do this and apparently its some new law they bringing from melb to perth.

So i thought you guys would know what to do in this case...anyone has this happen and know where to find an engineer etc? and is this a big deal? Should i be worried? will my car pass the test with the turbo? do i need a detune?

any help would be much appreciated...

Btw i put this in forced induction cos my car is and thats the reason why im having to do the emissions test.
    Dam that sucks bro

You'll need a retune for sure..

I only just passed my emissions on 5psi

Tech said there's only really three things!

1. Power Tuned
    2. Cheap Cat
    3. Motor ware
    161.4KW ATW Tuned By TODA
    EG5 JDM B16A SiR-II TURBO

13.28@106.6mph 2.117 60ft On RE001

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukezen27 View Post
    Dam that sucks bro

You'll need a retune for sure..

I only just passed my emissions on 5psi

Tech said there's only really three things!

1. Power Tuned
    2. Cheap Cat
    3. Motor ware
    What you mean by Power tuned? = detuned? and cheap cat? i have test pipe atm so im deff gonna need this. and motor ware? what like rings for the emissions test? - just replaced mine like 3 thou ago

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    btw found a engineer in perth threw a mate. He had his Stagea tuned at 850hp and got the engineer to sign it off.. Hopefully he looks after me like that also. Obviously he will laugh at my screamer pipe the first time i take it to him but at least he will give me a list of crap to do.

Maybe i should start making my engine legal. Outside - rims, guards, etc they easily replaceable.

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    btw whats rough prices for engineers?

Member Array
    Car:

pm kccord. He had his Accord engineered, might have some info for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    save a copy of your current tune if you can before you get it retuned
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic 97
    My friend works for the RTA here and and emissions etc here is what he said

get a good quaility cat magna flow ones are good and catco dont bother with the rest plumb back your screamer pipe you should be allowed your external gate as long as its plumbed back.
    plumb back your BOV or remove it
    put some E10 fuel in it and try your luck yours being an EG means you bracket for the emissions was cars from 1990 i think to 1996 and laws wasnt a strict they then went 97 to 98 and onwards etc hinda why there is obd1 and obd2

either way you can make a far bit of emmisions before you will be over just make sure your cars warmed up so the cats working properly and give it a go you should pass if not then take the car to get a retune and you will be fine
    WOULD YOU LIKE SOME FRONT BAR WITH YOUR FRONT MOUNT

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by lookingforboost View Post
    My friend works for the RTA here and and emissions etc here is what he said

get a good quaility cat magna flow ones are good and catco dont bother with the rest plumb back your screamer pipe you should be allowed your external gate as long as its plumbed back.
    plumb back your BOV or remove it
    put some E10 fuel in it and try your luck yours being an EG means you bracket for the emissions was cars from 1990 i think to 1996 and laws wasnt a strict they then went 97 to 98 and onwards etc hinda why there is obd1 and obd2

either way you can make a far bit of emmisions before you will be over just make sure your cars warmed up so the cats working properly and give it a go you should pass if not then take the car to get a retune and you will be fine
    Cool man cheers, yeh i was thinking a good new cat would make a bit of difference to the emissions side of things...plus i always thought external waste gates were fine as long as they were plumbed back. I have my bov connected at the moment HKS SSQ but it stuffed up 3 months after i bought it. It wont engadge so i just left it there for looks until i started running some higher boost and will need one for turbo safety.

Boost controller? and btw whats e10 fuel?

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    i'd get a second an extra tune. Tell them your going for admissions & they will make sure its 14.7

Also make sure you put a proper cat, not a high flow one & maybe even a proper muffler.

Plug back all items and set BOV to high.

They normally will not rev your car over 5krpm, so hopefully when you do all that it will be cool.
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM EG Built B16a2 Turbo
    my magnaflow muffler i have now is fairly quiet. I got passed the db test not long ago so the noise is fine under 5000 but the test is at 3200 so thats fine...and yeh ill need to get a full cat that i can swap over.

Btw where do you do the tests? is it with the engineer or is it with something apart of vehicles and reg etc?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    wow new WA laws with no public notification.. do I sound shocked ? nope... but these modification laws are all over the place in WA.. how are you meant to know what's OK and what's not ?

if u need to borrow anything to return to stock let me know.. got white steel hood, 15" steelies with new tyres.. OEM Axle-back muffler.. OEM cat..

cant help with your turbo kit though sorry

do u street race a lot ? just wondering why so many yellows over the years ?