Newcomer Array
    Car:
    prelude (turbo b20a)

Question bought a b20a vtec(b16a head?) turbo

Bought it cheap as and it looks like who ever did the conversion didnt get to the finishing point... they've cut all the wiring harness, sensors, dash is out computer is gone and i dont know where to start but im goin to upload some photos... ive got a e6k haltek and a laptop but i don't know anything about the engine internals yet, contimplating striping everything or just trying to hook this haltek up with a new wiring harness??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    prelude (turbo b20a)
    if there anyone who has fitted a b16a head i think? to a b20a and turbo'd it i think i will need your experience...mainly where to start with the wiring?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    pics will help, maybe start with a stock loom and see if you can adapt a hondata, much easier when its plug and play, unless ur happy to spoend hours making up looms...

B16 head doesnt fit on a B20a. Sorry.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    You can't fit other B series heads to a B20A. At least they don't just bolt on.

There is a 3rd gen still for sale on preludeaustralia I believe with a CRV B20B bottom end and CTR (B16A I guess) head. You would need to speak to the previous owner though since I believe they did the conversion.

So to confirm though, this really is the stock prelude b20a engine with a b series VTEC head? Or a b20b bottom end like the car I mentioned?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    prelude (turbo b20a)
    yeah i'll tryn find out what head i got then get a stock loom for that i guess? what is a hondata?? and to adrenalin i was reading documents about a bloke who was converting b16 heads to fit on b20a by changing bolt holes and oil passiges, so i assumed it was one of them but ill take a flik , bkauz it definately aint standard...

Member Array
    Car:
    CB7> EM1>MPS3
    see this thread..

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125942

You can fit a b16 or b18 vtec head to the bottom end of a b20 from a CRV.. with mods to a few things.. been done xxx times
    I MISS VTEC.... BOOST is OVERATED lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    prelude (turbo b20a)
    im having troubles uploading pictures...anyone know the method?? it may just be a standard b20a head to but it has some sort of solinoid or switch on the end of the cam f/r/h....no oil lines though?

Member Array
    Car:
    pogo stick
    Quote Originally Posted by dos williams View Post
    im having troubles uploading pictures...anyone know the method?? it may just be a standard b20a head to but it has some sort of solinoid or switch on the end of the cam f/r/h....no oil lines though?
    upload your images to http://imageshack.us then post direct links or links for forums