Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nub query about H2B conversion.

hey there guys.

with my eg 'cool daily' project, i was thinking instead of throwing a b18c i would get a b16a conversion (inc gearbox, etc etc) and then eventually work my way and throw in a h22.

i am aware of the custom work required; but i'm wondering is this a delusion or is it actually possible?

thanks guys.

B18c will be more worth it than the h22a motor. B-series have more aftermarket parts to choose from where as H-series is a heavy engine and not well supported in aftermarket wise.

B18c has more top end power = fun to drive

Anything is possible if you have the money .
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4 Civic H2B
    I don't know about you, but I have a H2B civic, and its F*&%$@G good. B18C is better than a straight H22 conversion, but if you go H2B, my opinion is its better than B18C. Davidvtec is correct in the sense that B series is better for aftermarket parts. But to be honest, I havnt had much trouble getting parts for my H2B, the only hardest one for me so far was headers, if you can find one that is already made, perfect, if not, you need to get custom made, which can be costly. Hope this helps. If you in the brisbane area, I don't mind taking you for a ride, and you can have a look on how everything goes together.... Good luck with your decision making...

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    H2B is an excellent package. Great torque and excellent pickup and go especially with the 4.7FD ITR Box

Your over complicating things though, put in the H22A then install the B Series gearbox with the H2B Adapter kit

thanks for the response guys.

and 84aap i would love to take that offer up, but i live in vic

oh, i was aware you could just do a simple h22 swap into an eg; thought it could only be h2b.

some other nub questions while you're here.
    in terms of money, which is cheaper?
    + is it wise/easy to turbo a h2b?

thanks guys

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Don't think you'd need to turbo it mate. Just put the h22 in and get a feel for it first. You'll be amazed at how much torque you get from the 2.2L going from a d-series in such a light chassis.

I think gsi_psi is right. Go h22 then find yourself a b-series GBox later to complement the build.

H22a's I've seen go from anywhere between $1500-4000 depending on if it's audm or jdm (+20hp and ? with LSD). So if you found an audm one for $1500-2000 you'd be ahead of the game compared to a b18c at $4-5k but I think it's a less straight forward swap.

People have also proven previously that the h22 isn't too heavy at all so don't be discouraged. Just learn to drive it properly.

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    out of curiousity, not meaning to hijack the thread, but which will be quicker in a straight line race? an eg with a audm h22a or an eg with a b18cr? how would a jdm h22a do against a b18cr?? i remember seeing on the forum here, somone commented that their eg or ek with a h22a swap will slap a dc2r by 3 bus lengths.. loll 3 bus lengths is abit over exaggerated dont you think?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    To the OP of the thread....
    i have a complete JDM H22A conversion for sale in my sale thread.....
    Have a look...ohh, and im in victoria....

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    Do you care much for A/C or P/S? A lot of H22 swaps (a swap that I've looked into) won't allow you to run these luxuries (space issues). Also, a H2B kit can set you back $1k+, then the gearbox is about $1.5k if you're after the S80 4.7FD [which in my opinion is RIDICULOUSLY OVERPRICED like all other Honda gear (compared to eg. Nissan, Toyota etc)]. That's already $2.5k. Then consider clutch and labour time. I guess you could keep the gearbox from your b16 and add FD and LSD? It does get costly even though it's widely accepted as a poor man's K swap!
    Just some prices for thought, as I've been there, thought about it, and considered other options.

oh... so no a/c or p/s?

i heard for kswap there's also no p/s (but not sure bout the a/c) and i kinda wanted those luxuries because it will be a daily car.

thanks for the response guys. i obviously need to do a lot more research into what kind of conversion i want. just need some good information so that i'm able to make an informed decision.

IEVAQ8 - if i do end up doing a h22 conversion, you can expect a PM coming your way

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubetube View Post
    oh... so no a/c or p/s?

i heard for kswap there's also no p/s (but not sure bout the a/c) and i kinda wanted those luxuries because it will be a daily car.

thanks for the response guys. i obviously need to do a lot more research into what kind of conversion i want. just need some good information so that i'm able to make an informed decision.
    K-swaps CAN retain P/S and A/C. US companies such as Hybrid Racing sell kits to run both A/C and P/S.

With EG H22A's, all the conversions I've seen have no A/C and P/S.

Quote Originally Posted by hussLEr View Post
    K-swaps CAN retain P/S and A/C. US companies such as Hybrid Racing sell kits to run both A/C and P/S.

With EG H22A's, all the conversions I've seen have no A/C and P/S.
    Oh nice. thanks for that! guess i'll have just have just do more research on the pros n cons of engine conversion-ing.