Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ERGOT-7

Cool [CL9] J's racing silencer

hi guys,

after 4 months of waiting finally i got my j's racing titanium exhaust. Loving every bit of it, however the droning inside the cabin is one major issue id like to overcome, and ive heard about this silencer but not sure what its gonna be like. anyone ever use this? or have some tips on reducing the noise level inside the cabin? im also thinking of dynamating my car.

please advise

Ergot

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    I've got the silencer... I'll put it on and try it out and maybe try get a video of the difference.

When you buy the exhaust from J's Racing it should come with a silencer... It's a bit strange it didn't come with it... or was your exhaust second hand?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    If you've just installed it, wait for around 2-3 weeks before you do anything.

The inside of the pipes will be coated with exhaust residue and muffle the sound a bit.

The usual fix for something like this is to install a resonator/mid muffler.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    which is like impossible since this is made out of titanium haha

Member Array
    Car:
    ERGOT-7
    Quote Originally Posted by MingZai View Post
    I've got the silencer... I'll put it on and try it out and maybe try get a video of the difference.

When you buy the exhaust from J's Racing it should come with a silencer... It's a bit strange it didn't come with it... or was your exhaust second hand?
    Bought it brand new from j's not sure if mine comes with it didnt check. I gave everything to the exhaust shop. Do u have droning or issues with it in your car mingzai? If youre not using it might take it off you xp .

Im pretty concern with my passengers lol the exhaust screams too loud if i floor it.

Oh and what if its titanium? I cant put resonator?

Member Array
    Car:
    ERGOT-7
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaz View Post

The inside of the pipes will be coated with exhaust residue and muffle the sound a bit.

Im pretty sure this system already comes with a mid muffler and two resonator. Cmiiw

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Which J's racing exhaust do you have? Single or dual outlet?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ergot View Post
    Bought it brand new from j's not sure if mine comes with it didnt check. I gave everything to the exhaust shop. Do u have droning or issues with it in your car mingzai? If youre not using it might take it off you xp .

Im pretty concern with my passengers lol the exhaust screams too loud if i floor it.

If it's titanium it will take special equipment to weld anything additional on. It's not as straight forward as stainless steel.

IMO, wait for a few weeks before you do anything. My custom exhaust was super loud at the start and it got quieter after a few weeks. Now it's acceptable in volume.

The silencer (plug) will reduce the exhaust volume but also the performance so it's not the best solution.

Isn't the 60RS exhaust Stainless Steel (Street Wise) and generally the Titanium Exhaust for Race spec.. So they don't come with a silencer? Or does J's make a street exhaust outta titanium?
    I know the 70RR Didn't come with one.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i

That is correct! But the sound isn't muffled too much I reckon... more like we get used to it hehehehe

I think maybe the exhaust shop might of misplaced it or you were never given one?
    For me I don't think it's too loud because I used to have a Skunk 2 Exhaust even thought it was only on for less then a few hundred KM's.

I don't really have issues with it as once I'm on the freeway or something there is no noise anyway.

Maybe I'm too used to my friend's car

Like someone else said once it's titanium most exhaust shops won't be able to modify your exhaust.

My exhaust is a single exhaust btw.

Im pretty sure this system already comes with a mid muffler and two resonator. Cmiiw
    Yeah it should!

If it's titanium it will take special equipment to weld anything additional on. It's not as straight forward as stainless steel.

IMO, wait for a few weeks before you do anything. My custom exhaust was super loud at the start and it got quieter after a few weeks. Now it's acceptable in volume.

The silencer (plug) will reduce the exhaust volume but also the performance so it's not the best solution.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Isn't the 60RS exhaust Stainless Steel (Street Wise) and generally the Titanium Exhaust for Race spec.. So they don't come with a silencer? Or does J's make a street exhaust outta titanium?
    I know the 70RR Didn't come with one.
    The FX-PRO 70RR is certainly race spec because it's a straight through pipe from the Header all the way to the exhaust where as my FX60RS can connect to my HFC.

Theres two types... FX-PRO vs FX.

Titanium Single Exhaust
    FX-PRO : STRAIGHT PIPE with NO MID Muffler
    FX : 1 Resonator with Mid Muffler

REGARDLESS I think you can still purchase a silencer if it didn't come with one.

Member Array
    Car:
    ERGOT-7
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Which J's racing exhaust do you have? Single or dual outlet?
    I have the two outlet one.

Apologies everyone mine is the j'd racing c304 stainless steel 60rs i wish i have titanium its too pricey but! Ok ill wait 2-3 weeks. But if the sounds still noisy i have to get that silencer. Can it fit the stainless steel? Cause it says titanium only

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    I have the two outlet one.

Apologies everyone mine is the j'd racing c304 stainless steel 60rs i wish i have titanium its too pricey but! Ok ill wait 2-3 weeks. But if the sounds still noisy i have to get that silencer. Can it fit the stainless steel? Cause it says titanium only
    As long as the outlet is the same the silencer should fit both kinds. If it's stainless steel you can easily weld another resonator on it if it's still too noisy after a few weeks.