Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rear brakes

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    hmm

im not sure which way it goes, My hands just seem to do someting and the piston goes in.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You can use the chisel (good idea) but for certain calipers which have indents in them for the tool, you have no choice. I bought the tool from super cheap. It was only $15-19. It fits onto a 3/8" square drive socket wrench (use an extension so that it reaches in past the caliper body. And turn clockwise and push at the same time.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    yeah i have seen that tool ^

on my EG5 the chisel worked fine.

john its clockwise LOL
    oh wrd!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Datsun 1600
    Quote Originally Posted by EG5[KRT]
    id pay a bit of dosh to get the correct tool ... it winds back in its not a push piston... most rear calipers are like this...

the proper kit cost like $100 but the cheap ones are about $20

you take the caliper off the hub and put the tool in and wind back anti clockwise.. open up the bleeder so all the old fluid doesnt go back up the hoses to the master cylinder

and makes it easier to turn. then once wound back make sure the pad fits in the slot coz the inside one has a little notch that should sit inside the + section of the piston.

the once finished close off the bleeder .. reattach caliper to hub.. then put more brake fluid in reservoir and bleed brakes .. then should b all good
    thanx mate thats what he thought but he thought he should ask first..... we should be able to figure out what way to turn the piston with trial and error thanx again guys.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    I did some rear disk pads yesterday

it is defenalntly clockwise like I originaly suggested.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Datsun 1600
    thanx mate but we already figured it out

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    I work at Honda.
    I personally turn them clockwise. If you cant find a big enough screwdriver to push and turn the piston with, a open ended 12mm spanner will also do the job.
    Good luck!