Threaded View

Member Array
    I made up a custom made alloy 2.5 inch (by myself) short ram pod style intake & AEM V2 style pod intake on my D16A8 CRX, and also on my D16A9 EG Si Sedan. The short ram did help throttle response and low end tourque but heat soak was an issue.

With the longer AEM style type that I fabricated I used 3 ich alloy form the throttle body to pod, it improved midrange to top end performance but not by much, though i lost the throttle response of the short ram style.

Then I tried a factory LS1 V8 Airbox and modified it to suit 2.5 inch thick irrigation rubber feeding from the throttle body (with heat soak wrap around it) to the air box, then another lenght of 2.5 irrigation rubber piping feeding
    near the headlight on a downwards angle. It gave the best of both worlds, no heat soak, throttle response, low, mid and top end power.

Might be different on VTEC motors as I'm yet to experiment with one. I'll let you know once my H22A is in my EG Si Sedan but I presume it will give the same results.

Please correct me if I'm wrong as I plan do do the same with the H22A VTEC in my Civic.
    Last edited by Jarkz; 13-12-2006 at 11:48 PM.