Quote Originally Posted by SIKCVC
My point was that its slow either way... of cource I'm not fcuking stupid enough to do anything as retarded as that!!! I didn't say brake while cornering!!! read it again.

They would only clutch in once... Unlike us they're not stressed about gear box longevity, they're only worried about times.
For one thing, its not slow to heel-toe and double clutch provided you have had enough preparation going into the corner. If your foot is on the brake when approaching the next bend then why is it slower if you can fit the double clutch in at that time? And yes it is not too hard to fit double clutching in. Nobody told you to blunder into corners unprepared. Its a skill that needs to be practiced. And my point isn't even braking while cornering. Its the fact that you can't take your foot off the brake, go and do something and then brake again while applying a lateral force. You will upset the car's balance and in high speed situations, lose traction (ie. lost time), potentially even roll the car.

And secondly, they are worried about gear box longevity. You realise that in BMI a lot of the time they are not driving dog boxes. They are road cars being subjected to race conditions. If they weren't worried about longevity, don't you think they would be flat changing on the upshift all the time? Why clutch at all?

Thirdly, if they really are clutching in once, then they do not need to blip the throttle WHICH THEY DO. I thought I had established that blipping the throttle without releasing the clutch DOES NOTHING except waste a bit of gas. It DOES NOT match your gear speeds because the layshaft is not connected when you blip the throttle. Please do your theory...

Driving with mechanical sympathy is a skill. Driving fast is also a skill. That is why driving fast AND being mechanically sympathetic is hard.