Threaded View

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    It's very red

El Cheapo Euro DVD Install

Here is my ICE install so far:

The player is a BenQ DVD Gem (dvd, vcd, svcd, mp3, jpg etc). It seems to run nicely so far. There is a little video interference though, probably the power. I may need to modify the power supply a little. It's hardly noticable though.

The screen is a Pyle 7" widescreen bought of Ebay. I didn't actually pay for it. Mate of mine bought it in return for a few favours. I think the LCD is a sharp like most other Ebay specials. The quality is better than I expected.

Edit: The screen is mounted where the sunglasses storage was. now I have no where for my sun glasses.

I've only recently found a source for the SNHOND3 from USA. I will probably order one next week. for the moment however, the audio is being fed to the FM radio via a Belkin fm modulator. I need to a ground isolator , coz its got a bit of engine buzz. The sound is pretty average, but its my only option at the moment.

What does the future hold:
    I've got the CarPC almost finished. I just gotta get my hands on a power supply, a PCI tv-out card (trying to find one cheap), a few spare hours and some cash. The PC will probably run XP + Media Engine. originally wanted to run Geex Box or the current Gentoo installation, but I've got a few games I want to get going, so XP it is..
    As I mentioned before, hopefully I'll get the SNHOND3 from usa. (wish honda had of considerd the modding community when they decided not to make something like this easliy available.) This will sort out the audio issues.

So far the whole thing's cost me $AU180. not too bad me thinks...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dvd.jpg 
Views:	708 
Size:	175.9 KB 
ID:	334   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	remotes.jpg 
Views:	665 
Size:	212.9 KB 
ID:	336   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	closed.jpg 
Views:	704 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	337   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	open.jpg 
Views:	870 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	338   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen1.jpg 
Views:	3176 
Size:	187.5 KB 
ID:	339  

Last edited by C[H]aMeLeoN; 05-09-2004 at 09:25 AM.