Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    Quote Originally Posted by curik View Post
    after comparing the specs of the UKDM and JDM type Rs, I would not get the UKDM's at all. Its just as what Jeremy clarkson and Motor magazine said. Lack of torque, expensive, noisy, rides on brick suspension, and extra weight with no upgraded powerplant.

I can understand the difference between the JDM Type R and the EuroType R
    can make one feel a bit cheated.The WRXs ,EVOs and probably others have higher spec cars in Japan than Australia anyway.
    Jeremy Clarkson is foremost an entertainer, he loves being controversial and like some journos,don't mind trolling the public.At least a CTR would get him from A to B,not like his expensive POS Ford GT he bought some time ago a real lemon and that was made known on the Top Gear show!Speaking of Top Gear what did the Stig choose as the the Hottest Hatch ?...the CTR!
    Magazines such as CAR,AUTOEXPRESS,WhatCar,TOP GEAR all praised the CTR.
    The EVO and the AUTOCAR mags were the only ones that thought it could've been better although,AutoCar has very recently had a change of heart after having a Civic R for a longer while and now they're saying it's a great car!
    The FN2 aka the CTR,has some stiff competition mainly with turbo competitors and from what I have read on other forums from people that own CTRs,it 's holding up it's own.
    It's not the fastest hatch ,however in some 1/4 mile comparisons with turbos it's just as fast or maybe just about 1/10 second slower.I don't consider the 1/4 mile figures to be the most crucial in a hot hatch,just one performance example.The Golf GTI and the Focus XR5 in some tests had similiar 1/4 mile figures to the FN2.
    But when all is said and done,a true personal opinion can only be formed by taking it for a test drive.
    Last edited by fasthonda; 07-06-2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Grammer