Well today not one of my best days, Had to get my pink slip and rego done feeling very confident of a passing grade i was thinking about ny next pay packet and on what mod i could spend it on.....

i dropped the car off at the garage 20 mins later i came back and it failed the pink slip. after speaking to the mechanic my Two front tyres are down to the canvas "what" i said that cant be i got new Falken tyres just about 8 months ago. On closer inspection i got home and pulled the tyre off and this is what i see

As you can see the tire isnt that worn only on the inside edge very worn

ok sorry to rattle on ill shorton from now

I have 18" Rims 215/35 they came with the car with guards rolled they rub sometimes but i have never had a issue with it seemed fine the car has also been lowered with king springs.

As you can see by this piture this is where its rubbing on a seam and inner guard i have grinded the seam away a bit today to ease the pain

At this point in time i have two new Falken tyres on order they arent cheap . just to pass rego (im not rich and will have to save for new wheels)

i have a decision to make

1. ditch the 18's try and trade them in and get 16"s or 17"s with bigger tyres otherwise ill be on the ground

2. keep the 18's live with the tyre bill

its not really the size its the width of the tyre

i know you prob will all say ditch the 18 im prob 99% on that too
but what do i get ????
i love the 18 look ,feels like crap but yeah i wanna go back to 195 width

what do you suggest ???