Thread: FWD vs RWD

Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTIR

FWD vs RWD

OK im starting a big debate on pros and cons of these 2 setups. Please don't abuse each other

All i know is RWD cars are much faster than FWD cars most of the time. Because you can apply more power to a RWD with out losing too much traction and wheel spins.

Lets not talk about which setup is faster on straights and focus more on HANDLING and the use of it around a track.

I drove a twin turbo Supra, fastest mofo car i ever driven!, (loaded with new TITANS swaybars, CUSCO struts, plus BILSTEIN shocks) last weekend and the rear was "starting" to swing at 70km/hr around a bend, if i had push the gas alittle harder, the tyres (Bridgestone RE001) would have lost grip, causing me to counter steer and the like. It was my first time experimenting a RWD car around a bend

Well i've done the same bend on my DC2 loaded with Apexi dampers and SPOON struts, with shitty tyres at a speed of 75-80 km/hr. My car would lose grip around the 80km/hr and you can hear the tyres go screech. It might be a different story if i had track tyres and i could probaly achieve a speed of 85 to maybe even 90 km/hr!!!

So i told my friends FWD will own them in cornering anytime around a track. But there is always one friend who says RWD is the best and always the best etc... So am i wrong to assume that FWD is crap and slow around corners?

So... what are your thoughts guys??? Please discuss!
    Last edited by DUST; 28-11-2007 at 11:05 AM.