as per the title,

not sure if i have an issue or not, but after replacing my panel filter with a k&n one, induction noise has increased..however there is a little more to the story

As i was undoing the screws on the icebox to replace the filter, one of the spacer (a silver sleeve type thing which the screws sit in) drops into the engine bay somewhere, i try looking for it but to no avail.

I went as far as

Removing battery from car
Removing bottom of icebox intake from car.

I was very careful to reattach the icebox firmly and replace al screws etc i had removed..but i couldn't find the spacer sleeve thingy for the ince box, the screw went in anyway, but is now a little tighter on than the others because of no spacer.

im going to hardware store tommorrow to get ome washers to provide some adequate spacing so that the it sits correctly again,

however after driving it today for around 5 minutes, i noticed the induction noise and the engine noise to be louder..

could this just be from the filter?

The other thing is that i noticed that there was nothing to fix/fasten the tube of the intake to the other tube that is there that points thrgh to the fog light / head of the car. i could see one of those brace on the bottom tube but not if that should be going around the tube i connected it to..

i unfortunately have to go out for a couple of hours now, but will check back and take pictures tommorrow hopefully to illustrate my concern better.

any initial feedback would be much appreciated !!!

Ads