Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    not a honda

My civic's engine blew up Part 2

hi guys
    you might remember my thread here a couple of months ago about my engine blowing up. well 3 months has passed and alot has happened since then.
    my car is still off the road and i have been back and forth with honda for the past 3 months. My cars has a fujita CAI and a xforce catback.

To those who don't know my story, here is a quick recap: (its a long thread but worth a read)

The incident in which the engine blew happened on the 21st of January 2008 at about 2.30pm. A friend of mine had come over to my house and we had wanted to drive to the local cinema at the glen to watch a movie. I had gotten into the car and started it up normally and my friend was sitting right beside me in the passenger seat. The car was parked outside my house. I started driving the car normally. I then turned onto the main road. Driving normally at 3000rpm and doing 60km on an 80km road suddenly i heard a huge knocking noise. This had happened literally 2mins away from my house.

The vehicle has been service at * on the 1000km service (20/5/06), 10,000km service at (27/2/07). However the 20.000km service was not serviced at a Honda but by an independent mechanic on 13/9/07. The mechanic was * and he is a trusted mechanic and a long time family friend of ours. He services all he’s vehicles with genuine Honda oil.

I have taken the car back to the Honda dealership and they have had their mechanics from Honda HQ to access the vehicle. Honda claims the engine damage was caused by driver fault or excessive revving etc. I have requested a report on the engine and both the dealership and Honda HQ have refused to hand it over. Honda has failed to give me a proper explanation and have said they will not cover this under warranty.

now the irony of this is this happend a week before i was getting my full licease. and vic roads sended me a letter saying i qualified for the 'arrive alive' program givin me a 25% discount of my full licease as i have no traffic offenses and my dermit points are intact.

now i am not angry about they won't cover my engine, but angry at how they have showed me a lack of service and professionalism. if u want to know why read on.

i have also attached the engine damaged pics below.

*bennjamin edit pm for details
    Last edited by bennjamin; 02-05-2008 at 09:20 PM.