Recently I had an Alpine CDE9882Ri headunit and Focal 165CVX co-axial speakers installed in my Jazz VTi-S. Sadly to say that I feel I made a wrong choice.

Firstly, the Alpine CDE9882Ri headunit ($245) works fine and looks good, a very tidy setup to hide the USB and iPod connector cables in the glove box. However, I was so surprised to find that it has NO CLOCK DISPLAY! I can't believe a high end headunit would miss such a simple but useful function. Now I regret so much why I didn't get the Pioneer DEH-P4050UB ($225) which shares most functions of the Alpine CDE9882Ri, but CHEAPER and comes with an EXTRA REMOTE.

Secondly, the Focal 165CVX sounds better than the factory speakers, but the improvement is not that impressive and doesnt justify its price ($225). It would sound better if you listen to CD most of the time, but to a iPod or mp3 listener like me, it would only make a small difference.

Its a painful experience and I feel I just wasted money on the wrong equipment. Afterall my personal opinion is:
1) I would go for Pioneer if I have to choose between Pioneer and Alpine;
2) I would not recommend to upgrade the factory speakers if u listen to iPod or mp3 most of the time, UNLESS, u're really rich and don't mind to waste money on fancy toys.

I hope my experience would help if you are planning to upgrade ur car audio with a setup similar to mine.