Threaded View

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic

Confused and need assistance - suspension questions

Hi all ,

I know that the topic of suspension has been covered in many many threads (I have searched and I think that I have read almost all of them) and after speaking to a few 'professionals' I am more confused about suspension than before I began.

1. What is the difference between springs, coilovers, shocks, dampners and all of the rest of those things that I am told that I do or do not need???

I am driving an ek and want to lower my ride about 1.5-2 inches. I would like to retain some sort of ride quality, perhaps something like the stock ride feeling. Other than that I am not particularly sure of what else I want out of my suspension/springs etc.

2. Regarding the above would suggest only putting in springs? or springs and shocks? What are the benefits of one over the other? I was told by a 'professional' at Pedders that all I would need was springs while a guy that I spoke to at Honda said upgrade springs and shocks?

In terms of budget I am simply better of spending $400 and getting springs or spending four times as much and get the works??? What are the long term differences between the two???

Very confused as you can probably see. Thanks for bearing with my all of questions and hopefully you guys can put me straight.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Zdster; 25-12-2004 at 04:02 PM.