Hey guys,

I've been having a problem with my clutch in my 2003 CL9 euro. When I came to take off in first gear up a hill I get this funny whooopp noise coming outta the clutch. I've had the car for close to 4 years now and it always did it, just a lot more now. back when I got the car it used to be maybe once or twice a year I'd hear it, where as now its more like opn a daily basis ! I've leanred that when u take off with slightly higher RPM and slip the clutch a bit, it tend not to do it, but that cant be all that good for it. I did a search and found a few threads indicating it may be the spigot bearing ??? now I'm not a rev head so I dont really know what that is or if its true or not. I've taken it to honda and with my luck the car performed flawlessly and for the life of me I couldnt replicate the noise. so I guess these r the questions I have which I havent been able to find answers for on previous threads

1- Can anyone shed light on what really is causing the problem ?
2- Is it the start of clutch failure or just noise that can be left alone?
3- How much approx would it cost to fix?
4- IS it worth changing the whole clutch at the same time if it needs to be fixed ?
5- Should I do it at a honda dealer or find a local mechanic to do it to try and save on labour costs ?

The car has 75K on it and is very well looked after. no clutch dumps or tracked etc... hardely ever redline.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks