Threaded View

Project: Vi-Pec V88

Some of you may have heard me raving on about the Vi-pec ecu's (known as Link in New Zealand). If not, let me just say they are an incredibly advanced ECU. If you don't know much about ECU's let's just say that this ECU would be capable of running a brand new V8 M3, with sequential ignition/injection and full control over the four variably timed cams. For those that know a bit about ecu's, the V88 compares very favourably to a Motec M800 yet is significantly cheaper.

Anyway, I've been working hard on getting the vi-pec v88 wired into my car for the last month.

An engineer friend of mine has helped me wire the ECU into the car using an extension harness from boomslang. We were able to keep the stock harness intact so everything is "plug and play".

Getting it to the stage took well over 20 hours. We did all the research and wiring ourselves from reading through the Honda service manual to splicing and soldering wires. We basically started from scratch.

Latest update (19/07/2009): car has been re-tuned by BPS and drives very well. Dyno results on page 5: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...=112672&page=5
    Last edited by Chris_F; 19-07-2009 at 11:57 AM.