Hi guys, I recently changed my car from a 2002 GD VTi-S CVT Honda Jazz to the new 2009 GE VTi-S 5AT Jazz. I thought I'd write up a few points I've picked up, that are not necessarily noted in any car review.

Having had my GD Jazz for approx 6 years, I got to know the car very well. In fact, it's the longest time I've ever kept a car for. During this time, it gave very good service, except for the following issues:

* Bodykit looked very dated, with the extra addon pieces on top of the original Jazz. It did not age very well.

* Suspension dampening was very poor. My 1992 Civic prior to this car, with king springs lowered had comparable dampening. The Jazz actually seemed to improve in dampening performance with a decent load on board.

* CVT auto gave very good economy, averaging around 6.7l/100KM. Which was 70% city, 30% highway.

* CVT had terrible light throttle application. When applying light throttle, you could feel it in the cabin when you released and applied the throttle. Not smooth like a conventional auto.

* My CVT was replaced as the shuddering on take off and the surge feeling once moving could not be resolved after several transmission fluid flushes.

* Car felt very front heavy when taking low speed corners. High speed corners, the car felt stable.

* Tramlining was also evident.

Old Vs New: (I'm not fussed about the number plates not being fuzzed out..they're temp ones)