Hi everyone,

I'm after some advice regarding my injen cai on my b16a EM1.

I've had the CAI since 9 months ago. I bought it second hand off a member and I had to replace the Injen pod filter as it was well worn and had large holes in it. Problem was, i had trouble sourcing a reasonably priced pod the correct neck diameter (2.75 inch I believe).

I ended up with a 3 inch 3A Racing filter and I had to use a plastic adapter and some electrical tape wrapped around the piping to make it fit.

The problem is, it works its way loose after a few weeks of driving (it doesn't help that the CAI pipe doesn't have a bulge at the end, like the end of radiator hose attachments etc... an obvious design flaw.)and has to be regularly checked. It has fallen off before.

I tightened it real well last time and neglected to check it for about 6 weeks It fell off God knows how long ago. I have noticed better fuel economy and (maybe) more power as a result of driving (unknowingly) without a filter.

MY QUESTIONS ARE THIS:

1. What can I do in order to make it stay put, apart from taking the bar off every other week and tightening/checking it?

2. I really don't know how long it has been off for. I havent been driving in overly dusty conditions, just around town, but what can I do to minimise any damage done to the internals? Should I change the oil asap/do a TB clean, or is it too late so I shouldn't bother?

I haven't noticed any loss in power, engine is still nice and strong. However, especially last night before I noticed it was off, i took the car for a very spirited run in the country with VTEC aplenty. I'm guessing any particles that have been sucked into the combustion chamber have been burned up, or thoroughly rubbed into the cylinder walls causing wear.

All reasonable responses will be welcome.

Cheers,

Mike