Guys,

I'm looking for some aftermarket alloys for my 92 KA7 Legend and have a few questions.

I have done a thorough search here and acuralegend.com, and cant find the answers I'm looking for.

I'm planning to fit 17" x 7", +40 offset Advanti alloys, with Toyo TEO plus 225/45R17 91W tyres.

Q1. Has anyone fitted this wheel size / tyre size / offset combo? If so, did you get any rubbing or bad handling from having the +40 offset?

(some of the US guys seem to have fitted +35 in an 18" x 8" with tyres up to 245, and claim they didnt have to do mods - but some say rubbing at the rear occurs with a full / heavy load)

Q2. What is the correct offset for a KA7/8? All the info I can find says a range from +42 to +50, which isnt particularly helpful, but does seem to indicate a wide range is acceptable. (if its marked on a wheel I cant seem to see it)

Q3. Any thoughts?

If the OEM offset is +42 and I do a +40, I cant see 2mm making a noticable difference (there is more than this range just with fitting different brands of tyre).

However if OEM offset is actually +50, 10mm might cause a noticable handling impact - but I'm not really sure.

The retailer is happy to fit them up for me to check for any body interferance, but that wont help me if it screws with the handling when I drive out the door.

Any wheel and tyre gurus out there - your advice would be appreciated.

Anyone with ANY experience fitting ANY aftermarket wheels would also be welcomed.

Thanks