hey guys i have 2 querys for use

recently bought a ek with d16y8...things i done to it before the problems occured
sparkplugs
topped up fluids
oil
oil filter ( have not put it on yet, need hoist )

have noticed it was driving fine until i gave it a bit of stick

car overheating:

topped up the levels ( just with water ) drove the next day after a lil stick the temp gauge would go up..id drive normal and it would sit from half to 3/4...fan comes on n off but never for that long ( normal operation ay ? ) i bleed the system ( ran with no radioter cap on idle to rid of air bubbles ) and replaced the radioter cap with a new 1...it was fine for 3-4 days...was driving it hard again and temp gauge went all the way to the top just before i switched the car off n stayed on 3/4 til i got home...no leaks but noticed my overflow tank to have less water then i topped it up with ? i think might be a tiny leak there also noticed my top hose expands ALOT looks like its about to burst and if i leave it overnight it like gets sucked up like a vacumn effect ?

not runnihg right :

noticed after a gud 15 mins of driving even normally that on idle it sounds like a misfire..i checked my dizzy n plugs n there fine i recently poured in that cheap autobarn injector flush n always run 98 but i havnt replaced the fuel filter yet....it sounds uneven and smells like its running rich..i checked the plugs n there fine also smelt the oil and everyhting seems right?

ur thoughts?