Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro

hesitation/stutter at light throttle

Ok, I have had this problem for a while and thought it was the sparkplugs which were a bit fouled, on TodaAU's advice I swapped them out for some BKR6E (they were 7's previously- turbo) and this alleviated the problem a little bit but now that we are having hotter weather the hesitation is back. Sparkplugs, cap, rotor, leads are fine (all checked and/or swapped) so I though that it might be the Ignition Control Module.

Anyone know what ICMs are compatible across Honda engines? I have a spare Concerto distributor (it was on my wreck DA9! held on by the top bolt only yet it still ran fine) which I know is working and I have removed the ICM.

In the service manual the B18C and the B18B have the same distributors but when I looked up parts on the Supercheap website they have a different ICM part number listed for the C and B? the B18B has the same part number as the D16A8, D15Z1, D16Y1, B18A and costs around $70-$110 but the B18C part is over $250!

So can I just use the Concerto ICM? will it screw anything up if I just test it? Visually it looks like it will fit, although I haven't taken out the ICM in the B18C yet.

The car ins't stalling at all and it starts fine, just a very slight misfire on very light throttle like cruising on a flat road. Speed makes no difference and it is fine when I apply a heavier load to the engine such as going up a hill or accelerating, seems to be worse on a hot day and it doesn't happen when the engine is cold, although my engine warms up very quickly compared to stock due to the turbo.
    Last edited by mooshie; 22-01-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985