Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch
    I'm not sure of the difference between our cars, but I felt I would easily make 130 mph with the b16 and gt3076r on 98 at around 20psi. I ran 125 on my only run on that setup, and engine let go. I wasnt full throttle shifting and on my old and smaller turbo, I found I picked up around 5mph or more, as in boost time was so much higher. This would be exaggerated by the larger turbo.

I was much less involved in exact specs on this engine compared to my old one, where I would buy each part individually from what I had learned and my personal goals. On this engine I have goals and characteristics that I want from the engine, but I let Larry at endyn choose the setup.

My wants were

Around 135mph traps from gt3076r
    Low down torque for nice daily driving
    Wide power band that would be good for some circuit racing
    98 octane pump fuel

This is a street car, I will not need any mOre power on the street I suspect, but I would like to cruise at 100 kmh put the car in 4th and melt the tyres.

A big thing for me is getting back into boost after a shift. So the small turbo helps that.

Oh another reason for this frame size turbo is to retain my air con, which is a must for me. I may look at gtx3076r for35r type power and lag from the same frame size as my current turbo down the line.

Oh even though I'm expecting 430whp, I would like 380+ - 430hp from low 5000's to 9000 or so. Peak power should be 8500. so area under the curve should be massive= faster then higher hp cars
    Last edited by Scholzey; 17-05-2011 at 07:26 PM.