Hi All,

So i'm new to the forum and was hoping to get some insight into some experiance / thoughts on suspension set ups.

Currently i have an 01 AP1 that has lowered springs (just under a 2 finger gap all round) and im pretty sure that the shocks have never been changed. It's @ 165,000ks now and im noticing that im scrubbing a lot more then i used when i first bought (as is) the car. It also has 18" rims which i would like to replace eventually. So i think it's time to look at some alternatives.

It's far too low for any track day as it bottoms out on sweeping tights bends and i would love to be able to get on the track with this car. Hopefully more often than less.

My initial thought was for Bilstien PSS9s but an unreliable source told me they might be a little too soft. Any thoughts / experiance with any coilovers would be very much appreciated.

My only criteria is that they won't shatter my spine as my AP1 is a daily driver and under $5000 (preferably $3000 mark would be better but i'd rather pay more if it has better long term application). Anything has to be better than what im running with now. Almost got beached at Macquarie shopping centre last night

Thanks.