Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4

Henry's 96 hatchback..

Hey guys. Been lurking around this site for almost a year now and have decided to finally tell my civic's story.

Got my civic back in May from a mates work buddy. It had over 200,000kms on it but it was very clean and stock as a rock, except for a small patch of rust and a small paint chip. It was a cxi but i was given an offer i couldn't refuse. It also had a gli cluster with the tacho which was a bonus.

As i was on my L's back then, there were only small mods i wanted to do to make it comfortable for me when i got my P's. First thing I did was upgraded all the speakers from OEM. I purchased some Digital Design 6x9s for the rear and was given some random Pioneer speakers for the front. Overall, I was pretty happy with the sound quality of the music.

[INSERT PHOTO HERE]

After learning to properly drive manual, I decided it was time i deresonated the airbox to make it sound better. Soon after, some mates shouted me a custom air intake which made the car sound pretty gun.

lol not me btw

YAY for intake!

Also restored my headlights as they were cloudy as **** and bought a new set of headlights.

lol cant really tell the difference, but it was pretty major.

After a couple of months an OEM CTR shiftboot came up on the forsale thread so I quickly picked that up. After a week, it came to my door and I was pleased with its condition.

MOMO!

Once I had my P's and was driving around more, I felt the car needed more of a beastier look so I bought a CTR style lip kit from JDMyard while it was on sale. Also did a diy grill. It was a hassle but it looked okay in the end.

I didnt install the rear yet though cos it doesnt look as good unpainted.

This week was one of the most exciting weeks for the car. A mate of mine upgraded his shocks and sold me his old ones for $100. I'm pretty happy with the ride height and taking off the old hubcaps was one of the best decisions ive made since i bought the car.

Tonight, I finally brought myself over to AutoBarn to do the ek9 style rear lights. Turned out fkn awesome. Also offset the number plate to give it a more aggressive look.

Me and my mates civics chilling in the garage haha.

Feel free to post C&C and before anyone asks, yes, i will be getting rims soon LOL.

And anyone wanting tips for the ek9 tail lights, feel free to pm me

Henry.
    Last edited by jajaja; 07-05-2012 at 09:11 PM.