The jazz is configured so that the engine is mounted to the CVT and then the clutch disconnects the CVT from the wheels ie, Engine>CVT>Clutch>wheels.
The jazz's clutch is multi-plate and built into the CVT (i believe) which means it has the CVT fluid running through it all the time, if the fluid is not right then it will cause damage.
some ppl say that Honda put the wrong transmission oil in their car and that, which would definately damage things but so far as i know Honda has not declared the actual cause.

in regards to fixing the CVT shudder i believe that requires a new clutch, Honda estimated me $1600 for a new clutch incl fitting, in the long run its probably worth it, but you never know if the CVT problem is ever fixed because the real reason for how the shudder came to be is unknown (there is only speculation), so it is possible fro the shudder to re-appear. if u can afford it ask them to flush the transmission using the Honda CVT-f fluid (im pretty sure its called CVT-f, makes sure they don't use regular automatic fluid).
if a flush is too expensive (which is understandable because its isn't cheap) then you could buy the fluid off them and just empty it and refill it yourself, or again get them to do it.

some ppl will also recommend having the CVT oil changed every 10 000kms (or every service - depending how far they are apart).

but i dont believe the ticking noise is due to the actual CVT itself, it might be another problem caused by the CVT, like an extra vibration causing something to shake somewhere else.
most likely tappets, once youve had them checked and they adjust them or whatever needs doing and its still there we will look for alternatives, it might just be normal and you have never noticed it (unlikely).

but either way its not immediately dangerous - my car has had it for a while and with that logic would brake down/ blow up because of it before yours, so if that happens ill let you know.