Threaded View

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09 CU2 Euro Lux

Unhappy CU2 Major Tyre Issue

I think this issue may have been raised a while ago, but I need some updated advice and help with my problem. In October last year I had a 25,000 km service and my tyres were rotated for the 1st or 2nd time (not sure). After picking the car up I immediately noticed a whurring tyre noise coming from the front. It was very noticeable at around 80 - 100 kmph. At first I thought it was due to the different tyre wear pattern between front & rear and it would eventually settle in. Instead the whurring noise became more noticeable at most speeds but worse between 80 - 100 kmph, then after a couple of months I decided to book the car in with the dealer to have it looked at. Shortly after I booked the car in the Service Manager called me back and told me that this is known common problem with the CU2 due to the fact that it has a severe negative Camber on the rear wheels which causes excessive wear on the inside of the rear tyres. He advised that the CU2 has been engineered and designed this way to enhance the cars handling qualities. He further advised there was nothing they could do about the situation and the only solution was to get new tyres and rotate them every 5,000 kms or adjust back the negative camber which would decrease the cars handling. I was then told not to bother bringing the car in! I'm a fair bit pissed by this situation. The tyres are the original Michelins the car was fitted with from new, they have plenty of tread left and still look brand new. Has anyone else had this situation happen to them? Any solutions or advice would be welcome. Thanks.
    Last edited by luvmyeuro; 12-03-2012 at 09:04 AM.