Oke guys,

I thought it might good to post this up to clarify once and for all.

Especially those who will want to change into aftermarket exhaust system.

FACT 1
STOCK EXHAUST CIVIC EK PIPE (EITHER BE HATCH, SEDAN OR COUPE) ARE ALL SAME LENGTH

FACT 2
STOCK EXHAUST PIPE AKA B-PIPE, IS OF THE SAME LENGHT OF VISION B-PIPE.
This is good news for people as this means the pipe can be bolt-on right away without the need to use aftermarket car or modification.

FACT 3
DO U NEED TO CHANGE THE STOCK EXHAUST PIPE? YES IF YOU WANT BETTER PERFORMANCE. CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEVE, CHANGING THE MUFFLER ONLY WONT DO ANY GOOD.

WHY?
To save cost, your stock Honda exhaust is made with small-diameter crush-bent pipe. Crush bends are easy and inexpensive to make, which ideal for mass production. However crush bends can reduce the flow of a pipe by up to 50%.
Mandrel bending is done with a special machine that uses non-crushable insert, called a mandrel that goes into a pipe while bending to prevent it from becoming crushed. The bend is smooth, which helps with exhaust flow.
Build as a one piece pipe to gain maximise exhaust flow.

I HAVE TAKEN A SAMPLE USING VISION B-PIPE (WHICH HAPPEN TO BE THE SAME AS SPOON B-PIPE SINCE VISION MAKE FOR SPOON) IN THIS CASE TO ILLUSTRATE A POINT. I AM SURE THERE ARE OTHER GOOD COMPANY AS WELL.

VISION B-PIPE IS A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF MANDREL BENT PIPE THAT IS FAIRLY INEXPENSIVE TO OWN. AND MORE IMPORTANTLY IT GIVE YOU THE LIBERTY TO FIT IT WITH ANY OTHER MUFFLER BRAND OF YOUR CHOICE.

I HOPE THIS CLEAR UP THE ISSUE ONCE AND FOR ALL.

PLEASE POST IT A STICKY IF IT IS HELPFUL

AXLE-BACK END, CONNECTING TO THE MUFFLER

CATALYTIC END