Hi,

Last week the power steering high pressure feed line/ house started to leak on my partners MY05 DC5 Integra Luxury. The line is leaking out onto the exhaust manifold causing smoke and obviously losing fluid. I have had a quote from the local stealership for $950, as the hose itself is $715.

When I finally picked my jaw up off the ground I looked around on the internet and found out that yes the part is worth that much, but what i also found out was that there was recent recall on the CL9 Accord Euro for the same high pressure p/s hose. http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/in...itemId/1001465

I went back to my stealer and of course they were of no help, as the DC5 was not recalled and the car is out of warranty they won't help, they suggested I contact Honda Australia.

My questions are:

• Has any one had this same fault with their DC5 Integra? If so what was the outcome.
  • Is the american part interchangeable? I found several on ebay US but the part numbers differ slightly to the part number I need.
  • Has anyone contacted H.A before? or I am just wasting my time
  • Finally if anyone has the part I would love to hear from them, the offical Honda part number is L/53719-S6M-024

Thanks!