Hi Fellow Enthusiasts,

I ride on a Civic EK4 with skunk2 coilovers with 10kg front and 6kg rear spring rates.

I find it to be too stiff for daily duties. When i'm cruising around with the mrs and family it is always a talking point of how ridiculous the car rides.

This aside I have put up with the car being like this for almost a year now. It is clear that there is a performance gain and i appreciate that, so i guess i'd like to try and optimise it if i can. Maybe find a compromise.

I have a spare set of 8kg springs here as they were previously on the rear. So i wouldn't mind putting them on the front.

I also found these "Assist Springs" refer here and thought they could be just what i'm after.

I would put 5kg/mm assist springs in the front (coupled with 8kg/mm springs) and 4kg/mm assist springs in the rear (coupled with 6kg/mm springs).

I guess, i'd just like to gauge if this would be a suitable setup. Thoughts? Would this soften up my ride yet still be a competent solution for light track duties? My coilovers have preset damping which is very stiff/vicious i'm told. Is it possible I've got a set which cannot be optimised for street duties? Maybe i should look to something more high end?

Cheers for the help