Hey peoples.
Noob type question.
My prelude got defected over 2 years ago and i didnt NEED a car at the time so i just let the rego lapse. Public transport being very easy to use and being cheaper and all.
But the time is coming that i need to reregister it.

One of the items on the defect was cause i had HID. At the time i had my stock reflector headlights in cause i was planning on modifying my aftermarket projectors and couldnt be bothered swapping wiring and all to put regular halogen globes in for the few weeks i was expecting to have the reflectors in.
I have put the aftermarket projectors back in as one of the mounts on my stock headlights is broken so wouldnt pass the roady.

My question is:
If the guy doing my roadworthy lets it pass with the HID in, (i know he isnt meant to without auto levellers and washers but my guy will probably pass it anyway), will the guys at VicRoads still look for the specific items from the defect from over 2 years ago?
Or will they only do the regular reregistration inspection to make sure the RWC is valid, VIN, engine number, etc, matches up?

I am just being really lazy and really dont wanna stuff around with rewiring the headlights to swap to halogens just to rewire up the HID again after it is registered.