I currently have a full unrestricted NSW driver's license and P1 for the motorbike, I am also over 25 which means I am exempt from the P2 phase.

I am currently riding my friend's 250RR until around October or so when I have to return it at which point I will be vehicle-less. I am going overseas in June to a country where I'm a citizen of as well (I hold dual citizenship) so I can get a full license there for a motorbike fairly easily.

My dilemma is that my full year for the P1 phase ends in February next year rendering me around 4 months of which I will be without a vehicle, and as I want to get a 600RR, I do not feel like spending several grand on a LAMS bike for such a short period of time.

I am a mature age student as well as working part-time, public transport is out of the question as I travel ~ 120km a day. I don't have the funds to dish out at will. So my plan was to get an overseas license and seeing as I already hold a P1 license here would I be able to transfer to a full license?

I'd rather get other rider's thoughts rather than call the RTA and tell them a sob story of my woes and my plan to cut my time from P1 to full short by several months.

Will it work, won't it work?