Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo

FD Civic Sport wheels vs. VTi wheel setup

Okay, so I have a 2010 FD Civic VTi and I've got the factory 15" alloys. I paid a bucketload for these when new, but it's time to get bigger wheels to match the modulo kit.

So I rocked up to the dealer today with $1200 and wanted to get the 17" Modulo wheels in bronze for my VTi but then the guy at the sales counter said it will void my warranty?! So I stopped to have a long hard think, and a discussion with ozhonda people. :O

He said the VTi suspension cannot handle the 17" wheels since the Sport suspension is different? From what I was told, the 17" uses 215/45/17 tyres and my stock ones are 195/65/15... the lower sidewall of the 17" tyres attributes to more harshness and shock which is transferred into the struts and suspension setup... because of this, my car's suspension will be damaged over time? I was then told my best option would be to purchase the cheaper ($880) 16" Modulo alloys (205/55/16)... same design but silver and 1" smaller.

Now looking through ozhonda... it seems that everyone has chucked 16" or 17" tyres on a VTi for looks...

But I wanted to know one thing... is the VTI/VTIL suspension different to the SPORT suspension in an FD?

Using an online tyre calculator... overall size of the 15" wheel I have now is very slightly bigger than a 17" due to the thick rubbers.
    Last edited by stevo1210; 26-09-2013 at 10:18 PM.