Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic

Shock Absorbers to go with Ground Control Coilover Sleeves (Not KONI YELLOW)

I am about get a set of Ground Control coilover sleeves (6kg/4kg) and I am looking at my options in terms of shocks.

I am only looking at around a 1-1.5" drop (max) and this car is my daily driver (think around 500-600km's a week).

At the moment I am tossing up between 2 options;

- Koni STR.T (Orange)
    - Skunk2 Sports Shocks

Initially I was 100% set on the Koni's being that they have a lifetime warranty. However, reading some reviews they appear to have a history of dying (from bottoming out) when they are paired with lowering springs/coilover sleeves. Also, they are apparently not valved well for heavier spring rates.

Looking at on paper specs, the Skunk2 Sports springs seem as though they will have a better longevity for my purpose, being that they are designed for use with coilover sleeves and higher springs rates. But so far I have not been able to find many reviews of these shocks (from any time after 2008), and I am sure by now the company has addressed some of the manufacturing issues that plagued the first batch.

Does anybody have any experience with either of these combinations?

I am looking for honest opinions, not the standard response of "Get Koni Yellows"
    Last edited by UkuleleGod; 02-10-2013 at 12:07 AM.