Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe

Gearbox rattle- i think i've got a serious issue here (vid)

Ok i installed my exedy stage 2 about 700 miles ago, felt fine, really good actually. Now today, im just driving along normally, i notice when i change gear there is like a wurring/ buzzing sound, got worse and worse. when i got home i let the car idle as i listened for noises, and there is a very noticeable rattle:

To me it sounds like a flywheel bolt has come loose, or maybe even a pressure plate bolt, but that would baffle the fuk out of me as i torque all bolts to oem spec and in the star pattern. i even used loctite red and i thoroughly cleaned the bolts before i installed them.

NOW- this very well may be the reason its fuked if it isn't the bolts loose--- i recently changed the fluid when i did the clutch install with honda mtf. i over torqued the drain bolt and cracked the housing slightly and threaded the hole. so i cleaned as much metal out that i could and used this stuff called thread repair, a loctite product, to repair the thread, and a product called quick steel to repair the crack. It seemed to have worked fine, didnt leak at ALL.

Im thinking maybe the alloy has gone through the box and completely fuked it.

Any input would be much appreciated, im pretty down about this, so many problems with car lately.

ps- Also i haven't launched it, flat shifted, or even raced anyone since i've done new clutch, only a few pulls, nothing abusive. No crunches or miss shifts ect.
    Last edited by u mad?; 23-11-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe