Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord V6 Lux

Removing the Gen7 Dual Zone Radio/CD/HVAC Head unit.

For anyone still interested in completely removing the Gen 7 2003-2006 Accord/Euro Radio & 6 CD Dual Zone Climate control Head unit and installing a Tablet/Car computer or aftermarket Head unit in this top location, not the lower cubby, then this may be of interest.

I removed mine 5 years ago and fitted an 8" Touch screen, with Full control of the HVAC Climate Control via Software and/or a small Remote control unit.

Recently I decided to make an attempt to cut in half that big (relocated in my case) HVAC/Audio board. This has been successful.

I have started a write up with pictures for this modification and soon to be 10.1" Surface pro tablet install.

The firmware for the Micro interface and the remote is FREE.

If you know how to solder and can build two relatively simple devices, then you can remove the Radio/CD and relocate the (now small) HVAC board out of the way. The HVAC retains FULL functionality and with just a 4 wire connection (or $20 wireless link) to the remote unit allows you to fit any type of HVAC control buttons and LEDS anywhere in the vehicle (or on the remote itself) - NO CAR-PC NEEDED.

The original modified unit with CAR PC interface and remote has been running FAULTLESSLY for 5 years.

Here is the Link: Gen7 HVAC Relocate

EDIT - FYI How the system connects together.

Last edited by MikeCl; 29-10-2014 at 09:05 AM.