Hi guys,

I have an 05 Euro with 170,000kms. I noticed at about 120,000kms slight vibration under acceleration which I put down to the front driveshafts. I didn't bother doing anything about it, and my girlfriend has been using the car since.

I drove it recently and noticed the clutch didn't feel right. I thought it may be the fact that I drive a different car now and I wasn't used to it, although I do know she rides the clutch way too much.

So I booked it in today and got the front driveshafts replaced with rebuilt ones. Not vibrating nearly as badly but at high speeds 80km/h + you can feel some vibration in 3rd/4th/5th/6th gears when accelerating hard.

Mechanic has advised the clutch is the issue. I've been told a clutch costs $800 + labour approx $700, so it's $1500. Does not include replacement flywheel. Does this sound right?

Is there any urgency to replace the clutch? It doesn't seem to be slipping. Just doesn't feel quite right when taking off from standstill and obviously the car is vibrating at higher speeds. Mechanic advised it's better to replace it as when it goes it could take the flywheel with it. Just after some opinions?

Many Thanks.