Thread: New CL9 owner

Threaded View

New CL9 owner

Hey guys,

I'm not new to forums or cars, but I bought my first Honda last week. I've actually been through a few cars over the last couple of years (FG XR6T, FG2 GT, VF SSV-R) but work situation has become a bit unstable and I wanted to get rid of my debts and start saving hard. So sold the big expensive car and picked up a single owner manual CL9 Accord Euro Luxury with 60,000kms on the clock. Now have no debt and a few grand savings, plus still a nice car. Black with tan leather, looks nice.

Car is in fantastic condition and has been very well looked after, drives just like a new car! Bonus was that it came with a set of Pedders coilovers from the previous owner, SCORE! Admittedly, they wouldn't be my first choice of coilovers, but I'm not complaining, given they were free. Also came with some aftermarket 17" rims. Again, wouldn't be my first choice...but they look alright so I'll just stick with them until I get sick of them.

Very happy with the car so far. Currently in the shop having some creature comforts fitted (Satnav, connectivity etc), so that will keep me happy enough cruising around town. Goes in for its 60,000km service next week and will have the engine flushed as the previous owner only had it serviced every 10,000km...not every year/6months. Had a proper inspection done on it though and it came up trumps. Only suggestions were for the engine flush (very very minor amounts of black sludge sitting on top of the engine) and new rear brake pads. Thinking I might replace all the rotors and pads though, get something a bit better. What's the best options for rotors and pads all round on these cars? Want some more bite and pedal feel, coming from my previous cars the brakes feel a little lacking in the CL9. Ideally would like pads that don't produce a crazy amount of dust and last a decent amount of time.

Anyway, here's some photos (everyone loves photos!)...just excuse the Carsales watermarks...haven't had a chance to get my own photos yet.

Last edited by graphicgoose; 27-05-2015 at 02:29 PM.