Dang the old girl (ED Civic) has stopped...literally. Been having this recent intermittent problem when it won't start on a few occasions but if you leave it for some hours it's all good until just a few hours ago it completely died at a set of traffic lights. The problem is that there is no spark. Thinking the coil was bad I bought a new one and changed it and must admit it ran sweet....till today. I rang our local automobile service (RAA) and he also confirmed no spark so he disconnected the old Mongoose security system and still no spark so I had the car towed home. Fortunately I happen to have a spare distributor which I installed and it still won't start. in shear desperation I put the original (oil leaking) dizzy that was built with the car and presto it started !!! Thought no way perhaps it righted itself, which it did in the past, so to confirm I put the previous dead one back in and nothing ie no spark...swapped it over back to the original and vroom (though the tacho does the odd bounce) ! So I have what I thought were good dizzies that don't leak oil but just don't work and the original which works but spews oil down the side of the cylinder head arghhhhhh ! So question is what is broken in the 2 leak free dizzies...guessing the igniter unit ? Seen Super Cheap sell them for Super Expensive price...$173 or a "new" dizzy for $239 or are these stoopid questions..