Up until a while ago I was actually convinced that my car had a B18C2 from a VTIR Integra, but I have looked at some info, and rechecked the "supposed" parts that the car came with when I bought it, and it points to the conclusion that it actually has a 1996 ITR B18C imported a few years back.

I cross checked the specs and characteristics of each engine, and what strikes me as JDM B18C over AUDM B18C2 is two things:

1: When VTEC engages. According to Wikipedia, heaven forbid I believe everything on there, states that VTEC engages at 6000 and 5700 rpm in the B18C2 and JDM ITR B18C respectively for a 1996 engine. I have tested it a few times, and as I approach 6000 rpm, VTEC will always engage a few thousand rpm beforehand, meaning that it is most likely the JDM engine, but I really dont know if I can trust my tacho, because of its eraticness from time to time, but it is consistently engaging before 6000 rpm 100% of the time.

2: When the fuel cut kicks in. In this case the fuel cut is at 8000 and 8700 rpm in the B18C2 and JDM B18C, and I know for a fact that that engine goes well past 8000, but I have never actually hit the limiter yet, and even if I did; my tacho can be a bit jumpy past 6000, but even so, it goes past 8000. I once made a point of trying to rev it out past where I needed to upshift and beyond, but even then it didnt bounce, so I really dont know when the limiter engages.

The whole point of this is that I want to see if there is perhaps another more solid way of telling JDM import from AUDM engine. Is there any way to completely know?

Any wisdom on the subject is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.