We've got 2 x CD5s, 1 has the F22B1 engine, the other F22B3. My son called me a week ago and said his car had stopped (F22B3), I asked him to describe how it stopped, after which I said it sounded like the fuel pump, ring the RACT. Bloke turned up, checked it out, diagnosed the fuel pump and organised to have it towed home. I'd done a fuel pump on the other car at similar mileage, so figured it must be common, ordered a pump and replaced it, no difference. Pump primes and cuts out, engine light goes out as it should. Investigating further it looked like the spark may have been a bit week, I put new plugs in it, checked lead resistance, checked coil, cleaned up dizzy posts and rotor, spark is good, no start. I measured voltage at an injector connector while engine was cranking, and best I got was 0.5V, on the other car I get 2.5V. After searching the forum and reading the manual my next point to check is the main relay, then ECU, unless anyone can point me in a direction I haven't considered. After all that, the questions I have is, will a dud relay cause the symptoms I'm having? And can I swap the ECU from the other car, considering they're the same except for the engine type? Any help appreciated.
Cheers,
Mick.