Hi all,

just recently got an EK CXi for $900 from a mates sister as a run around until I get a new job and something a bit newer. My plan after that is to probably use it a cheap motorsport car. I usually do things like motorkhana, hillclimbs, club track days etc. The only mods I've done so far are some 15" rims off my old corolla which sit really nicely, new tyres and a tacho dash.

Planned mods are dependant on my research, and information from you fine people and those at d-series.org. Based on what I did with my old corolla (AE92 levin, so FWD, light 4cyl, so similar type of car) suspension mods are the first stop, soa rear sway bar will be my first mod to get the car turning in better. The shocks and springs are pretty good, so will leave them. What's everyone's opinion on bracing? was thinking front and rear strut top bars might be the way to go.

Not sure where to go with brakes, is there an easy bolt on upgrade from the higher spec models?

As for power im not too fussed, i wanna keep it on the cheap side, and 88kw should be enough to have some fun. I've read that a Y8 head is doable, but for an official increase of 7kw i'm not sure if its worth it. I think I might be better off removing weight.

So far I'm loving driving this car, just feels really well put together, and sounds great revving past 6000rpm. Anyhoo, hers a couple of pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	civicfrl.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	29556

Name:	civicfru.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	29557

Name:	civicrr.jpg