Over the last few weeks my 2004 Accord Euro (auto, 190k+) has had an intermittent problem where if I am driving at speeds of about 80km/h then I brake, not slow breaking but not slamming the break either – think traffic lights on a 80kmh road, the car seems to lose electrical power to internal components. The head unit (music turns off) and dashboard loses power (i.e. all dials go down to 0 and backlight turns off) and starts back up again after about 1-2 seconds. The mechanical components of the car seems to work fine; the engine still runs, I can accelerate/brake, have power steering, etc… I haven’t had this happen to me at night so I can’t confirm if the headlights still work or not.

It was rare enough that I wasn’t exactly in a hurry to get it fixed but over the last 2 days it’s gotten worse. This morning it happened about 4-5 times in the space of about 5 minutes while driving/breaking around 40-60 km/h, the final time it happened the ABS, VSA, and check engine lights came on (pictured below).
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0013.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	29820
However after I turned the engine off and on all of the warnings went away (pictured below).
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0014.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	29821

The only aftermarket electrical modification I have is a HON1U3 Grom audio unit, however I’ve had this for over a year now so I am pretty confident it’s not causing the issues.

My research on the internet seems to suggest alternator/engine grounds.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?