Gday forumites. I found this forum while looking for info about the EK1 so I thought I'd join up and join in.

I'm an old retired geezer (don't believe the avatar) who made the fortunate decision to buy a Honda 21 years ago and I still have it today. It's a May 96 build CXi that I bought in August 96 from the dealer. I used it a bit while I was still in the workforce but a lot less since I retired. As a result it has only just clicked past 40,000 km.

A couple of years ago I thought I should make a decision about getting something new, but, given how little I drive it made more sense to keep the Civic. I'm also fortunate that a while ago the guy renting the house next door was a Honda service tech who had just left the dealership to set up his own Honda tuning and mechanical shop. So anyway he did all the service items (timing belt, water pump, seals etc) to make it like new. I threw some rims on (had the steelies until last year) and had a pre-sale detail done so I can keep driving it with pride for another 10 or 20 years. Its basically a new 96 Civic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Car-01.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	206.7 KB 
ID:	30045

Name:	Car-02.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	537.8 KB 
ID:	30046

Name:	Car-03.JPG