Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by saxman View Post
    And it's worth mentioning that there are plenty of LSD's available for the D series trannies
    a DOHC LSD will set him back approx 2K. there are plenty of SOHC LSD's available in the US - but DOHC ZC ones are harder to get and cost alot more!
    Quaiffe or Kaaz quoted me within about US$1500+ for an LSD for my D16.

with a B18CR you're likely to get an LSD Gbox - and thats included in that 10K installation estimate.
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    There's no reason to lower the compression of the motor. For a race motor, I'd advise against doing that. Infact, assuming a good tuner is available, I'd suggest bumping the compression up a bit. I know that'll get me a response like "HIGHER compression with a turbo?!?! BLASPHEMY!"

As far as turbo selection, yes, a smaller turbo will have less top end, however, you have to consider what kind of power numbers are being thrown out here. A smaller turbo isn't going to have any issues producing the power he's after. If we were talking about a 500 hp drag build, that'd be a valid point, but power wise, we're discussing something that could probably be done on a stock internalled D16... something most reasonably sized turbos can support. You're not going to run into issues with a lack of top end with a properly sized turbo.

Price wise, $14k for a turbo D is laughable. Do some research on how to do what's needed yourself, and only pay for what you can't do.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 CRX Delsol
    Just finish reading Tatsumi Mook Tuning Magazine Series Vol. 3 (Jap Version)
    Two Civics competing at race track:

EG6 1600 B16B Turbo against EK9 1800 B18C NA( both fully tuned/set up as track cars)

Power: EG6 - 300hp (222kw), EK9 - 220hp (163kw) at wheels.

Both cars built by Top Fuel and have all the mods that you can think about. I/H/E, ECU/Coilovers, stripped/ roll cage/big brakes & pads/ LCD etc.

Time:Turbo EG6 - 1.04.490 NA EK9 - 1.09.682 (obviously its a short track and its already 5 seconds different between Turbo & NA).

I think if you have the same suspension set up for NA or Turbo, the end of the day the turbo charge is going to beat the NA (same engine class).

Member Array
    Car:
    EGTWO
    but have u thought about what class thats gonna put u in if u race track
    not the other n/a 1.6L thats for sure

Member Array
    Car:
    95 CRX Delsol
    To Sinistr

Either NA or turbo D, I will make sure all the jobs done properly.

About High Octane that you mention, D16 turbo vs B18C gen1. Which car run faster at the end? Turbo or NA?

Thnaks guys again for all your inputs/suggestions. I bought the car today off my friend. I will set up suspension/brakes first and then take to a track first before I make my final decision. NA/Turbo D16 ?????........

Member Array
    Car:
    95 CRX Delsol
    Under CAMS regulation, the way they calculate turbo charge = 1600cc x 1.7 = 2720cc.

The way they set up the class as follow:
    0-1600cc Class A
    1601-2000cc Class B
    2001-3000cc Class C
    3001 & above Class D
    All the Evo/Rex & v8's would runing 3000cc +. There're not many cars runing is the Class C.

i got a turbo civic myself you gonna need deep pockets
    slap the vtec and ride the wave

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by flypig View Post
    To Sinistr

Either NA or turbo D, I will make sure all the jobs done properly.

About High Octane that you mention, D16 turbo vs B18C gen1. Which car run faster at the end? Turbo or NA?

Thnaks guys again for all your inputs/suggestions. I bought the car today off my friend. I will set up suspension/brakes first and then take to a track first before I make my final decision. NA/Turbo D16 ?????........
    hey there - The B18C gen1 sweeped the floor with every car on the track, Evo2/3, wrx, rx7 etc - BUT the Turbo D16 was 2nd its all about the fact its a CRX hahaha!

see if you can get HighOctane out or buy it... good viewing!
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A