Over the hot weekend, my EG5 (94 Civic VTi Hatch D16Y1 Engine) developed a very serious overheating issue.

On Saturday morning the mechanic did a service to my car…Changing Engine gearbox oil. Changed thermostat + coolant. But in the afternoon after normal 5 mins of city driving, the temp gauge was pointing to the highest point of "H". The coolant in the coolant tank was boiling. So i towed the car to the mechanic, and we think it was the radiator been partly blocked. He showed me this by putting a water hose in one end of radiator with strong flow, but the water coming out from the other end is weak.

So the mechanic took out the thermostat and wired the radiator fan to be always on. So i can use my car in the mean time, while we are waiting for a new radiator. Now still after 1 hour of 110km/h travel in freeway, the temp gauge is around half.

My questions are:

1) Do this repair method damage my engine, if i keep on driving like this for a month while waiting for my new radiator? (i drive around 420km/week)

2) Do the removal of thermostat in any way affect my fuel gauge? (because now, i have inconsistence fuel gauge. While acc. the gauge goes down, then move back up when stopping or traveling slowly....even when with almost full fuel)

3) How much is the original radiator for EG and the EK one? Does EK radiator bolt on to EG?

I thank you for your help in advance.