Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    This is one thing which I am yet to find reasons for...
    Why do Hondas of all car manufacturers seem to have this reputation for building cars which seem to rev high..good example is the S2000.

Is it coz they got it from F1 or is coz they passed on technology from their bike subsidiary?

First-class engineering, lots of R&D and F1 technology...

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    The fact that they don't want to go the turbo path (VTEC is their answer to that) have meant they have to make more power by revving higher. Amd this they have done very well.

Also most of the cars they release make power up high with low torque down low (civics and integra's are notorious for this), however the S2000 is an exception.

Most Honda's are setup like this from factory (to make power up high in the RPM range) and hence why 1.6s make 88-96kW.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    also honda engines are generally small in capicity (sub 2l), therefor light. And the lighter you can get the engine the the higher you can get the rpm.
    Also honda's are probably the highest engineered jap motor company. As well as non turbo, f1 and bike hertige.

So these all add up to higher rpm.
    This is why things like american and aussie shit v8 high litre engines have a relatively low rpm (even the v8 'supercars' have a redline of like 7500rpm)

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dxs
    This is why things like american and aussie shit v8 high litre engines have a relatively low rpm (even the v8 'supercars' have a redline of like 7500rpm)
    Thats because they run pushrod setups (most american V8s) which aren't able to rev as high as their overhead cam counter parts.

As for the V8 supercars, one of the restrictions/regulations is that they have a cutout at that RPM so the playingfield is 'even'.

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    i stand corrected :wink:

i still stand by the shit and general weight comments though :twisted:

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    HONDA stands for

Hold
    On!
    Not yet
    Done
    Accelerating...

sorry dude from clubrsx.com
    took ya material...

Quote Originally Posted by Dxs
    Also honda's are probably the highest engineered jap motor company. As well as non turbo, f1 and bike hertige.
    well with regards to Honda engines, I know that Honda is the largest engine maker in the world, producing more engines than any other manufacturer.

Honda engines are usually oversquare, (shorter stroke, larger bore) then other engines of the same capacity, Allowing them to change direction more quickly. Hence they can rev higher.

Power = torque times by rpm.

therefore

revolutions is the only replacement for displacement.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crx_16x
    therefore
    revolutions is the only replacement for displacement.
    so is turbo-charging

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadean
    Honda engines are usually oversquare, (shorter stroke, larger bore) then other engines of the same capacity, Allowing them to change direction more quickly. Hence they can rev higher.
    Dunno about this, the EB and EN engines wern't, but an EB could be made to rev to 8000 with enough work Mugen did it in their formula cars. I have a feeling the ZC was also undersquare - I'll have to check that :?

Real reason why they rev so hard?

:lol:
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX