Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 / KB1

Half tank & engine stall when stopping

Hi i'm new here, i need help if anyone here can suggest whats wrong with my car. My car intend to stall when the fuel tank is about 1/2 full. This happens only when i stop at a downwards slopping road but its fine if its uphill. The car is an automatic 93 Accord CD5 model. Can this be a fuel pump problem? Can someone also tell me if the only way to remove the fuel pump on this model is by removing the entire fuel tank or its the same as other cars where i just remove it from the back of the boot? It seem to have the same problem as this:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ight=fuel+pump
    Thanks

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    sounds like a fuel pickup problem

the sock filter on the pump may have fallen off

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ B20vtecTurbo
    Definatley sounds like a pick-up problem and yes you do get to the fuel pump through the access panel in the boot.
    EDGE AUTOMOTIVE

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 / KB1
    so basically to remove the fuel pump i just unscrew the access panel and i'll see the fuel pump assembly. I dont have to remove the entire fuel tank?
    Anyone with a DIY for the same model accord??
    Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    in most cases, you don't have to remove the whole fuel tank, the fuel pump will be on top of it. and probably you want to check the fuel sender unit too, before getting the whole fuel pump.

Member Array
    Car:
    EJ B20vtecTurbo
    Remove the access panel then you see the tank and the pump assy. Unpug the connector, remove the fuel lines then unbolt the pump assy and remove it from the tank. It's a good idea to remove the filler cap before removing the pump assy
    EDGE AUTOMOTIVE

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 / KB1
    Thanks for the help. Might check it tomorrow as its getting really annoying lately. So basically i'll have to check the sock filter to make sure its still attach to the pump. Also i sometimes hear a buzzing sound from the fuel pump when its 1/4 full. Which i guess its cause by the pickup problem you guys mention. Anyone know the price of a new fuel pump unit in case i need to buy 1?

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    genuine one is pretty expensive.

around $400 mark, can be more.