Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Accord Euro and portable MP3 players

Hi,

I've checked the previous posts and looked at the suppliers websites.
    http://www.logjamelectronics.com/sounsnhond3.html
    http://www.dension.com/icelinklite.php
    But I am a little confused......

I am not planning to use an IPOD, and I only want to have an Aux input so I can connect the stereo to the headphone jack of the portable MP3 player.

QNS:
    - If I get one of the adapters, do I lose my in-dash CD player function?
    - Does the Euro headunit have an inbuilt AUX function so you can choose Radio, Cd, or AUX from the HU.
    (Some adapters come with a switch to switch between AUX1 and AUX2)
    - Is there a way to have the factory in-dash CD changer and radio staying the same and just adding an AUX input function?

Thanks,
    Nick

05 Euro
    97 Civic

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux M06
    I use ice link, mine has a switch on the head unit CD / Aux, mine is the sat nav version though.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick. View Post
    - If I get one of the adapters, do I lose my in-dash CD player function?
    No

- Does the Euro headunit have an inbuilt AUX function so you can choose Radio, Cd, or AUX from the HU.
    (Some adapters come with a switch to switch between AUX1 and AUX2)
    Yes - you press AUX button on head unit

- Is there a way to have the factory in-dash CD changer and radio staying the same and just adding an AUX input function?
    Yes, that is exactly what the SNHOND3 and similar devices are designed to do - there is no change in your head unit - you just add an AUX input.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonbb View Post
    I use ice link, mine has a switch on the head unit CD / Aux, mine is the sat nav version though.
    Could you please provide some details on this? How difficult was the install? DIY? Where'd you source it from?

Cheers!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux M06
    I got it installed from a place called "The Car Kit Company" in Sydney.
    Its very easy, I just plug in the iPod and leave it, you control it from the steering wheel controls and the FF & FR work from the head unit.

ahh icic thanks. Wouldn't happen to know how much the IceLink cost by itself would you?

Sounds like a very worthwhile mod. Hopefully a lot cheaper than the 1k Honda unit.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Standard 2006
    IT was reviewed in the Age Newspaper:
    http://www.theage.com.au/news/hardwa...191730503.html

You can go to http://www.thecarkitcompany.com.au for more info.
    Last edited by bluedez_man; 22-12-2006 at 07:03 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BMW M3
    do you see song names, can change folders or can just use << >> for 1 song at a time?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux M06
    You see all the usual stuff on the iPod, doesn't show anything on the radio other than disk 1, track 1. You need to setup playlists for it to work properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord Euro Lux!
    Hey Guys,

I,m getting the Denison Ice>Link Plus unit for my euro, justed booked in a time.

Can't wait for it then I can use my Ipod in the car with fantasic sound quality.

Will post up photos once installed.
    MY2007 Acura TSX Lux 5AT

Addtions:

Interior LED Lighting / Tinted Windows / Ipod Dension Ice > Link Plus / Reverse parking Sensors/ Silver Dash Trim/ Acura TSX emblems

Member Array
    Car:
    2006 Accord Euro Std 6MT
    Remembering that the music on the Ipod will most likely be 'unfantasticly' compressed. So a system with amps and after market speakers will show up if you're playing songs with high compression. It wont sound as good as a CD.

This is something that doesnt really matter if you're only using stock system or ear buds.

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    RX450h / RB3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Remembering that the music on the Ipod will most likely be 'unfantasticly' compressed. So a system with amps and after market speakers will show up if you're playing songs with high compression. It wont sound as good as a CD.

This is something that doesnt really matter if you're only using stock system or ear buds.
    TRUE

ppl are worry so much with the sound from the Ipod actually they are already been compressed