Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    ahh.. the cons of being a manual driver finally..

It's annoying how it's intermitent, and hard to replicate. Some days you'll waltz in, go for a spin and NOTHING.

It is a bit more noticeable during peak hour tho.. but that's because you're on and off a lot more so that would be expected..

I actually miss the creaking feeling in the new car.. it just grows on you.. and feels abnormal
    Last edited by VirIIx; 03-01-2007 at 03:26 PM.
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    My comes and goes... It comes out even when the car is cold and not started...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Well I had my 40,000km service today, and with the help of my mechanic found that the sound was coming from the slave cylinder and not the master cylinder :|

strange.. but I'll be taking it into to honda to see what they can do to fix the problem under warranty

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    How did the mechanic trace it?

I think the Euro will be going to service on Monday, so I might tell me father to mention it could be either cylinders :\

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If you can hear it loud in the cabin, it's the master. If you can hear it louder in the front of the engine bay, then it is slave.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

you can still hear mine on the inside.. but with the hood propped and your head in the engine bay the sound doesnt come from the firewall but the slave cylinder (attached to the tranny at the front right of the engine bay)

he seemed certain that it was the slave cylinder

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    ooh interesting.. haven't tried that -_-

well i booked my car in for tomorrow morning at Honda

if it is the master cylinder again I will be on my fourth one

maybe its the slave cylinder thats been causing the problem for me, hopefully they pick up on the cause.

will let everyone know how it goes
    Last edited by Chris_F; 08-01-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Mines come back as well lol. I doubt its a master cylinder problem since its a door-creaking sound when the clutch is almost all the way down. Gonna try and grease it up myself.

Chris, maybe u wanna try greasing ur clutch pedal spring with lithum grease spray first before bringing it to honda?
    .© ♪

Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
    Mines come back as well lol. I doubt its a master cylinder problem since its a door-creaking sound when the clutch is almost all the way down. Gonna try and grease it up myself.

Chris, maybe u wanna try greasing ur clutch pedal spring with lithum grease spray first before bringing it to honda?
    mines a door-creaking sound at the bottom of the clutch pedal aswell.

I don't think its just the spring or the clutch push rod (after already lubing that with silicone spray) because the creak doesn't show up until approx. 10 minutes of driving. The clutch take up also becomes varied/weak on take off (and some gear changes) when the creak is present. So as far as i can tell the problem is part of the clutch hydrolic system

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post

It's the master cylinder. It is a door creaking sound somewhere near the bottom of the pedal travel. The dealer diagnosed it and replaced my master cylinder 1.5 years ago. That replacement worked without creaks until 6 months ago. Today was the 3rd time I had to relube the cylinder. I gave in and used silicone spray into the cylinder. Smooth as new now. And I don't advise using lithium grease spray into the cylinder. It dries out as a solid film.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    It's the master cylinder. It is a door creaking sound somewhere near the bottom of the pedal travel. The dealer diagnosed it and replaced my master cylinder 1.5 years ago. That replacement worked without creaks until 6 months ago. Today was the 3rd time I had to relube the cylinder. I gave in and used silicone spray into the cylinder. Smooth as new now. And I don't advise using lithium grease spray into the cylinder. It dries out as a solid film.
    Lubing the cylinder didn't seem to work for me. When the creak was present did your clutch feel a bit strange at friction point? (mine does)